InFacts is dedicated to making the most of post-referendum Britain – fighting against a destructive Brexit and campaigning to pull the UK together whether Brexit happens or not.
Hugo Dixon – Chairman and Editor-in-Chief
Bill Emmott – Director
Geert Linnebank – Director
MARKETING & MEDIA
Graphics and animations provided by Dog & Rabbit
INFACTS CODE OF ETHICS
InFacts is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards. It will fulfil its journalistic mission to make the fact-based case for Britain to remain in the EU in an open, courteous and fair-minded way.
- hold accuracy sacrosanct. They check their facts systematically and thoroughly
- correct an error quickly and openly
- don’t fabricate or plagiarise stories
- obtain material by honest, straightforward and open means
- protect the identity of sources who supply information in confidence
- don’t pay for a story
- don’t take personal advantage of information gained in the course of their duties
- refuse any bribe or other inducement to influence, distort or suppress a story
- seek a comment from any party targeted in a story they’re preparing for publication
- don’t publish an article without the approval of an editor
- declare potential conflicts of interest to their editor
COMMENTS MODERATION POLICY
We welcome comments on all our posts. All posts are subject to moderation. Comments will be edited or amended if they are: spam; in breach of the law; or abusive or offensive.
GOVERNANCE AND FINANCE
The legal name of the company that owns InFacts is Referendum Facts Ltd. This is a company limited by guarantee.
Editorial independence is guaranteed by an editorial board. The members of the editorial board are also members of the company. They have all given money to fund InFacts.
The company is run by a board of three directors, chaired by Hugo Dixon. The others are Bill Emmott and Geert Linnebank. All are members of the editorial board.
In addition to the financial contributions by the editors, InFacts is funded by donations. The editorial board has agreed the following policy:
- No individual contribution will account for more than 20% of total financial contributions
- InFacts will not knowingly take money from political parties or official institutions
- The names of all donors who give more than £500 in any calendar year will be published on the InFacts website
At 3 February 2017, contributions had been received from the following individuals:
David Bell, Mervyn Davies, Roger de Freitas, Hugo Dixon, Bill Emmott, Manuel Falco, Giancarlo Garuti, Michael Grayer, Daniel Hallgarten, Will Hutton, Anshu Jain, Christopher Keljik, Colm Kelleher, Andrew Large, Mark Lewisohn, Geert Linnebank, Percy Marchant, Carlo Micheli, Reza Moghadam, Mark Moody-Stuart, Bruno Mourgue D’Algue, Paul Myners, Chris Patten, Caroline Pereira, Franck Petitgas, Michael Prest, Tom Price, Caroline Pridgeon, Richard Reed, Simon Robertson, David Rothschild, Leopold Henri Schonbach, Victor Sebestyen, Davide Serra, Ewi Shafran, John Singer, Rupert Soames, Ben Stirk, Michael Tory, David Ure, The Wake Up Foundation, David Warren, Alan Wheatley.
This list will be updated periodically
InFacts editors are available for broadcast interviews and to take part in debates. If you wish to book editors, contact us on:
email: [email protected]
phone: +44 (0)20 7976 3436