InFacts is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards. It will fulfil its journalistic mission to make the fact-based case for Britain to remain in the EU in an open, courteous and fair-minded way.
- hold accuracy sacrosanct. They check their facts systematically and thoroughly
- correct an error quickly and openly
- don’t fabricate or plagiarise stories
- obtain material by honest, straightforward and open means
- protect the identity of sources who supply information in confidence
- don’t pay for a story
- don’t take personal advantage of information gained in the course of their duties
- refuse any bribe or other inducement to influence, distort or suppress a story
- seek a comment from any party targeted in a story they’re preparing for publication
- don’t publish an article without the approval of an editor
- declare potential conflicts of interest to their editor
COMMENTS MODERATION POLICY
We welcome comments on our posts, with the exception of Sin Bin entries, where the technology does not allow comments. All posts are subject to moderation. Comments will be edited or amended if they are: spam; in breach of the law; or abusive or offensive.